Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Air Brushing First Attempt

Wow, it is not easy to airbrush. I'm trying to get this all set up to make my painting go faster. And so I can start doing better camo on my tanks.

I just bought a cheap air compressor with a 1.5 gallon tank. I knew it was going to be loud, but holy cow. These things are insanely loud. I"m going to spend the extra $100 and get a quiet one that was made for airbrushing.

Next, the airbrush itself, isn't all that easy. Mixing paint was a pain. spraying was a pain, if I could even get the airbrush to spray. I had 2 airbrushes. I had a cheap $7 just to see how things would work, and an old Badger from 1978 that my dad gave me. Looking at some pictures of the 350 it hasn't changed since 1978

The $7 didn't work to bad. I actually go some Shermans primed with it. kinda splochy but not to bad. Think probably because it was cheap. The Badger I couldn't even get to spray at all.

I'm going to have to spend the money and get the double action airbrush that all these crazy painters use.

All in all, not a very fun experiencing for my first try. Then I'm going to need to try and find paint to match my Vallego WWII colors.

Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment