In case you missed some:
Schwere PanzerJagerKompanie Part I - Intro
Schwere PanzerJagerKompanie Part II - Preperation
I use 3 kinds of airbrushes. I use a single action for all the priming and base coating of vehicles. I use a double action 3.5mm suction for infantry. And I use a double action 3.0mm gravity fed for camo patterns. I do have a 2.0mm airbrush, but really haven't broken it out yet. the 3.0mm seems to be good enough.
For all the noobs out there. If you can get gravity fed airbrushes do it. I love these things. They use way less paint, way less maintenance, and they just spray perfect every time. The suction ones are always just so much work, and they seem to work different all the time.
I was using these 2 single action airbrushes in conjunction so that I wouldn't have to spray, clean, spray, clean. I thought I could spray 2 different colors and then clean both. One of the airbrushes I could almost never get to work. And if it did work, it went through paint like it was going out of style. Then for some reason I happen to see the nozzles side by side. Well HOLY SHIT. Look at the size difference in the nozzle. No wonder that stupid thing sucked. No pun intended. Needless to say I've stopped using that airbrush.
Lets see whats next? Oh yes, I go back and clean the single action brush that has been sitting in the simple green. Then I get ready to base coat the Tanks and RSO tractors. I use XF-60, Dark Yellow for German late war vehicles. Again I mix it about 3:2 with windex. Oh ya I almost forgot to paint the Schurzen as well.
I once again I stick the single action nozzle in simple green and let it soak for a bit.
Tamiya paint dries very quickly so, I now take this opportunity to glue the Schurzen on. I try to wear gloves when ever I'm going to be touching painted parts. These jagdpanthers may have actually given me a revaluation with the panther shurzen. I wonder if I've been putting them on upside down? They have these tabs that look like you would glue them under the hull. The problem is on the jagdpanther they don't fit. If you put them on the same as a regular panther they end up crooked. the jagdpanther actually has this lip they fit on, but the only way they fit is if you cut these tabs off....or put them on upside down. They fit great upside down and the tabs sit right on the track. When I put my panther A's together, I may have to see if they fit that way as well.
While the glue dries, I will paint up my 10.5cm guns. I'm using XF-63, German Grey for these. Even though this is for late war I want these guns to be mid war. This is an older gun set, so If I ever decide to paint a late war gun set, I'll get the newer molds. I also had a KV-1e captured tank I wanted to paint. I had done it in dark yellow, but upon doing more research most captured KV's were German Grey.
With the guns done, the schurzen should be dry, we can move on to adding the camouflage to the jagdpanthers and Noaks Panther. For this I will use XF-58, Olive Green and XF-9 Hull Red. Normally, like with my Konigstigers, I used XF-64 Red Brown, but I wanted to try this Hull Red.
I started with the green and did all 3 vehicles. Then the hull red. I know it doesn't really matter when it comes to camo patterns, but it does really seem harder then it looks. It never turns out the way you plan. At least not for me. But, I do REALLY like the hull red color. I'm going to have to do an ambush pattern with this as my base coat.
Now its on to details.