Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More BA-64's

Here are some pictures with the flash so you can at least see some detail.   You can definitely see the difference in green between models Where I had to use more of a matte varnish.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Soviet BA-64's

Wow, I just realized how awful these pictures are.  Sorry about that.  I'm not terribly happy with them anyway.  I was super happy with them until I went to varnish them.  Clearly i'm out of practice. 

Any how, i'm continued with the black lining and a lot lighter highlight.  This part turned out smoking good.  I've decided to totally do away with washes.  Even for infantry.  I'm going to use black lining, highlights and shadows.  Washes were just to inconsistent for me and never turned out dark enough in the creases but at the same time darkened to paint too much. 

You may notice the PTRD anti-tank rifles.  A few years ago, before version 3, I was thoroughly confused by the BR-64, the rule seemed weird with it being hull mounted.  I think I even went as far as to ask Phil about it.  So, apparently the used to take the turret off and just have a man sit there with the rifle.  There is one picture of it out there.  I came up with the idea of mounting a PTRD rifle guy in the BA-64.  I just cut the rifleman in half and mounted him with out the turret.

I have a few take aways after this project.  I can use less matt varnish because i'm not using a wash anymore, however I may have to end up not using a gloss varnish on my decals.  So we'll see how that works. 

I'm going back to my Soviet Strelkovy and redoing them with less black lining and more shadows and highlighting.  I can't imagine how long that will take.

I will post better pictures tomorrow, so the lining shows up better. 








Saturday, June 15, 2013

Su-152

Finished some new Soviet kat killers.  I'd have to say for some plain jane green monsters they turned out really well.

I used a technical pen for the shading and went twice as light on the high light colour.  It took a lot longer but I love the result.

All my russian tanks will be going in the #SimpleGreen now.


Saturday, June 8, 2013

Su-152 Almost Done

Ok so i added a bit of weathering.  Good call.  i decided to give the Mig pigmants a go.

I especially like the Europe dust around the tracks. A few more details and some varnish then they'll be done.

Ill have to pull out some pictures of the first time i painted these.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

SU-152 Sneak Peak

not done yet but here is a quick sneak peak.  im really digging the lines with the technical pen but now i have the problem of whether to weather (really?) or not.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Finally, the Rock has come back...oh wait, its just me!

Well, its been a while but I finally have something to write about.

I have some SU-152's in the pot using a technical pen, and I'd have to say they are starting to look pretty good.  I should be done this weekend and I can actually make a real post.

I also played in my first tournament in months last week.  I was absolutely obliterated as I was very very rusty.  I can't even say I rolled terrible, because I didn't.  There was only one roll that I though could have changed the game.  It happens to be three '1's and a 2.  But, for the most part I rolled pretty well.  I just stunk.

I did finally get to play Shawn Morris, +TheTerrainGuy  and ya he kicked my ass.  But it was fun.

Oh well.  I'll have new pics soon.

I think I'm going to have to do a new Rules Nazi as well.  I can't believe how wrong people were playing at this tournament.  I figured with version 3 the Rules Nazi was dead.  Boy was I wrong.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Airbrush Booth

Yes, it has been a shitty couple of months for me.  Which happens sometimes in life.

First I had pneumonia for the month of August.  Then I had surgery to have a steel plate removed from my arm.  My stitches come out tomorrow.  Needless to say I haven't painted in probably 3 months.  But I think I'm ready for a come back.

One thing I did manage to do between coughing my lungs out and getting my arm sliced open was build an Airbrush booth.  Figured it was time since I was having respiratory issues.

I cut a hole in a plastic bucket and attached a bathroom fan to the back of it.  Then I'll just toss the hose out the window.  I haven't had a chance to test it yet.  Probably after I get my stitches out tomorrow.