Saturday, March 19, 2011

Schwere PanzerJagerKompanie Part I

Well, Shawn "The Terrain Guy" Morris has managed to delay my Russians again.  We are going to have another tournament in Toon Town and this time its a 1000pt pairs event.  And Shawn and I will be teaming up together, and playing Germans.

Once I was done painting my Russians that I have all set up to be airbrushed, I was going to work on my German 10.5cm Artillery Battery.  These were some of the first German guns I bought, and they still aren't painted.  So, I figured this was as good of a time as any to get them done.  I actually had to clean them because they were so dusty.

I will be going with a JagdPanther Kompany with artillery support for my 1000pt army.  Before you ask, "how is that possible?"..., I wanted everyone to have more interesting armies so I suggested that we are allowed to only field 1 combat platoon.  Shawn agreed. 

The JagdPanthers seem to be supported by Grenadier support rather then traditional armored companies where they are full of more mobile support.  It was a perfect opportunity to field my 10.5's.

I will also get to finish and field the Bergepanther. 

I also thought this would be a great opportunity to document from start to finish all the steps in building and painting an army.

There have also been a lot of people asking about decals lately, and every where I look great paint jobs are ruined by crappy decals.  I will take this opportunity to do a Decal Tutorial.  Just look at the Jagdpanthers in the Earth and Steel book.  All the decals have horrible silvering.  My paint may not be the greatest...yet...but I think my decals turn out perfect every time.  Although now that I've said that, I'm sure my tutorial ones will suck...Karma.

Stay tuned, part II will be coming shortly.  I almost have everything set to be sprayed.

1 comment:

  1. A feast for the eyes!
    i'm inspired and in awe.
    I really like seeing the crafting areas of gamers.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete