Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sd Kfz 7/1 2cm Quad Anti-Aircraft

I just finished these today.  They've been half done for a month or so.  I was originally going to take them to the tournament I went to.  I figured one of the few things my KT's would have trouble with would be aircraft.

The only problem was I didn't have any armored versions, and you can't take the Sd Kfz 10/5's with KT's, which I do have armored versions of.  You can't even portee these ones like the 10/5's.  These ones seem like they would die so easy, I figured it best not to take them.  Seeing how I ended up winning, it may have been the right decision.

Honestly I can't see me every using these.  Yes they have a 6 RoF, but they still only shoot 1 if they move, and they are unlikly to survive for very long being unarmored and only saving on a 5+.  A bunch of infantry would probably wipe them out.

As for painting, they are kinda meh.  I tried the Vallego shades on the ammo loaders.  They are ok.  the Camo turned out ok, and again I painted the rubber road wheels.  I honestly really hate doing that.  but I think they do look better.  I look forward to doing my armored ones.

I also got a new light, for painting and tanking pictures.  Could take some practice.  I don't really like how these pics turned out.  Even though I'm not 100% happy with the paint, they look way better in person then in these pictures.  But that seems to be the norm anyway.  To macro or not macro, to flash or no flash....

I still have so many soviets ready to paint.  But looks like I could be going to another tournament in April.  This time a 1000pt doubles tournament.  Shawn and I will team up as Germans, so I need to figure out something good.  I really like the Wespes, I could use them again.  Maybe some 88's?  Guess i'll have to think about what I can paint in that time frame.



2 comments:

  1. These look nice. Getting a good picture often seems to come down to numbers. I probably shoot 20-30 pictures for every one that gets used. In an ideal world I'd love to be able to set up a proper 'studio' (with lights, reflectors, softeners etc), work out what works and then leave it in place for each new batch of pictures. In reality each photo session involves starting from scratch and working until a good shot is achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are looking great. You did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete