Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Assault Gun Crews
I tried 3 different things. The German crews I used GW black ink with Future floor polish. It was a bit thick so will take some practice to get it right. With one of the German crews I tried just an outline of raised parts, while the other crews I just did light dry brush. With the Russian crews I used Windsor Newton brown ink. This stuff is very good. was easy to mix, and not as heavy as the black ink.
The ones I did the lining are the ones with the primed Marder. With some practice this way could look pretty good.
I don't know how much it really sped things up. I'll have to keep trying it. I do like the results.
I didn't mount the German crews because the Marders III's were some of the first Vehicles I painted. Before I discovered airbrushing, I was using an aerosol primer. And some times it would come out gritty. If you look closely at the Marders you can see how gritty it was. So I think I will put these Marders in Simple Green and repaint them with the airbrush. I even have new processes to do decals, so these would be better as well.