Thursday, June 10, 2010

So It Begins!

With me getting heavily back into Flames of War, I've decided to join the blogging revolution. Not really to sure how this all works. But I suppose I will begin documenting what I paint, and the battles we have.

I've been painting for a very long time, but have only just become serious in the last few years of my life.

I've probably enjoyed World War II longer then I have painting. So, Flames of War is a natural hobby for me.

I actually thought I was a pretty good painter until I saw people like Tom Wise and the rest of the FoW community...yikes. These are pictures of his Tiger tanks. I have a long way to go.

I've already tried to use Tome Wises suggestion of a technical pen for shadows. #1, no one in Canada seems to even know what a technical pen is. So, I found the closest thing. Not sure if I like it yet or not.

I'm almost done my Junkers JU87D's so i'll post pictures of those. It was the first project I used the "technical pens" on.

1 comment:

  1. Look at me sneaking in for the first comment.

    Just an FYI, if you are interested in hosting your blog at your own domain name, I have a web server, and could hook you up for free. Just thought I'd mention now, as it's harder to move a blog address once it's established.

    I look forward to seeing how my seed money helps develop your painting. Make sure you put up some tutorials as you go.

    FYI, I have a blog at http://mikelenzen.com

    ReplyDelete